Labels

01/08/2013

Rob Kazinsky: From The East End To The Far East


*Minor spoilers below*


So i've been wanting to write about Pacific Rim for a while but I couldn't really figure out what to say. I think every other blogger/reviewer has pretty much written about my feelings of the movie, about how it was amazing, like independence day but good ect. so I was at a loss of what I could add to the subject. I was going to do a post of Charlie Hunnam and his excellence but that wasn't really surprising. I realised there was one thing that jumped out at me that I wasn't expecting and I don't think it's really been discussed, Rob Kazinsky.



To my knowledge Guillermo Del Toro had never made a bad film, I've always found them enjoyable, beautifully shot and, what Del Toro excel's at, his casting choices. So when I heard Rob Kazinsky was part of the cast I felt it was a bit off, I figured he was young and handsome so maybe the studio forced Del Toro's hand and made him cast Kazinsky as a hot young stud. The only other thing that I'd seen him in was Eastenders, a British soap, and he played the generic bad boy character. He was one of the many young actors that thought they were better than the show and would succeed in Hollywood but they usually end up doing Pantomime's or in the Celebrity Big Brother house.

So when I watched the film I was pleasantly surprised, Kazinsky could act! After witnessing Chuck's (Kazinsky) attitude at the beginning of the film I figured he'd end up being the bad boy again, but no he wasn't. Chuck was a well rounded character who used arrogance as a front to cover up his parental issues (he was pretty messed up) and his self sacrifice towards the closing of the film struck a chord with me. The character had depth, and Kazinsky played it to perfection. Me and a few friends of mine left the screen in awe of the film and surprised that Kazinsky pulled the performance out of the bag. He could even do an accent successfully which was the most shocking thing, I mean if you watch Eastenders you'll see that a lot of the cast can't even do the East End accent which is pretty ridiculous. I'm telling you, Britain has some of the best actors and probably some of the worst.

So, Del Toro, I apologise for doubting your choice, I was wrong. R-Kaz (he deserves this nickname more than Robert Pattinson right now) was a perfect choice, and I don't watch True Blood but his casting on the show proves that it isn't a one off and more people are noticing him. I suspect he is destined for great things. I can't believe he came from this:


R-Kaz, I wish you good luck! Live Long and Blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment