Labels

04/08/2013

Sherlock Fan's Are Amazing!

In my short life I have been a part of many fandoms and observed them. Recently I became a Sherlock fan, and because It was off-season (for way too long) so there wasn't much to witness in terms of their fandom. But then the BBC announced that there was a treat for fans at the end of last weeks repeat of 'The Reichenbach Fall'. I've never seen so much online buzz about a repeat of an episode that first aired over a year ago. The fan's speculated whether we'd get a sneak peak of the new series, or a return date, something to whet the audiences' appetites. We got this:

                           

Any other fandom would be up in arms, a 26 second teaser that featured no footage from the new series, no resolution to the cliffhanger ending of series two. The only thing we found out was that Dr. Watson now has a mustache. But I've found that the Sherlock fandom is like no other, this 26 second teaser excited them, they had gone over a year with nothing but now this! They heaped it with praise when any other fandom would hurl insults and probably go trolling through twitter! The Sherlock fan's are amazing and, even though it took me a while, I'm glad to be a part of it! I'm eagerly awaiting season 3!

Live Long (as Sherlock will) and Blog!

Related Posts

Shoot Me With Finesse Sherlock, I'm An Idiot
Into Darkness, You Bring Me Great Light

No comments:

Post a Comment