Labels

16/08/2013

Prison Break Gets 3 Out Of 5 Stars

I took quite a lengthly break from Facebook a short while ago, and the first thing I did was not stalk one of my many crushes profiles but it was to add the films and television shows I'd watched to my profile and then rated them. Prison Break was one of them.


I gave Prison Break 3 out of 5 stars. I watched the show to the wretched end and to most that would mean that they enjoy it, but as I've mentioned before, when I start watching a show I tend to watch till the end no matter how crappy it gets. As there is no privacy on Facebook many saw the difficult decision I made and questioned it, saying it should at least have 4 out of 5. If it had stopped after 2 seasons if would've been 4 out of 5. If it had stopped after one season it would've been 5 out of 5. But it didn't, it lasted four long drawn out, excruciatingly badly written seasons. Each season got worse and worse. The show was never able to live up to the brilliance and innovativeness of the first season, towards the end the show was unrecognisable. Some would say it should have ended with the first season because they had achieved their goal, they had broken out of prison. But I think it should've ended with the second season, we got Alex Mahone for christ sake! Also, they could've completed the conspiracy storyline (which I think they ended up pulling out of the place where the sun doesn't shine) and we, the audience, would've had closure. Instead it kept getting renewed and we were given Prison Break 2.0 for the third season which was ridonkulous and the unmentionable fourth. I didn't realise how bad the fourth season was until I went back and attempted (key word being attempted) to watch it again because I didn't remember it that well. I realise now why I didn't remember it. I didn't want to.

So that is my reason for giving Prison Break a 3 out of 5. If it hadn't had the superior first season, and the almost superior second season it would've faired much worse.

So pretties, Live Long and Blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment