Labels

06/08/2013

Friends Makes Me Re-evaluate My Friendships

I don't think I've ever met anyone that doesn't watch, and like, Friends. In fact the only person I've met that isn't a Friends fanatic is Spockfullmind's very own Iulia, but she is slowly being sucked in now that she has sky. In my circle of friends we've all probably watched every single episode of the show like ten times and we're always quoting the show, arguing about which characters we are and also unintentionally recreate scenes from the show (come on, you've all done it). We know Friends, we bloody live it.


I have one friend in particular who I'm very fond of, but sometimes he likes to text me at in the early hours of the morning to wake me up and annoy me. But more fool him! I don't sleep, I'm busy blogging! Anyway, the other night he decided to wake me up with a Friends reference, it went like this:


I concealed his identity because I do still have some affection for him. Right now. Maybe the anger and shock hasn't really set in yet. How could he have gotten it so completely wrong? The homosapians and homoerectus are alllllll Joey! We did swiftly move on to discussions about Simon Cowell that no one should have but when I woke up in the late afternoon after the conversation this is what stuck out to me. I realise that I may put too much stock in Friends, if a simple mistake annoyed me that much, I figured it might just be me an my geekiness that couldn't let it go. Then once I remembered that I once made a mistake about Friends (many moons ago, I think we all made mistakes in our youths), and not even about anything important, it was about Tag Jones. Who even liked him? I called him 'Tag Sweetie Jones' rather than 'Tag Sweetcheeks Jones' and I was slated for it. So I figure it's not just me, maybe it's Universal. Do you get annoyed at Friends errors?

Let me know what you think, Live Long and Blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment