Labels

29/08/2013

Kevin Bacon Is Awesome. That's All That Needs To Be Said.


Seeing this ad at my local bus stop just reminded me how awesome this guy is, and I could really just stop there but I'll try and elaborate without gushing too much. I remember the first time I watched him in something, I was about 8 or 9 and it was Footloose and man was he mesmerising, he was probably the main reason I loved that film and no remake would ever top the original. To be fair that's true for a lot of remakes these days. That's not the only reason he is commendable, he has had a solid career for the last 30 years, featuring in films that have garnered critical acclaim and audience adoration which has rubbed off on him. In my eyes anything bad he dies just would never stack up to the good, proof of that is The Following and the fact that he is the face of EE (and evil phone company). You've probably read my thoughts on The Following and I think anyone who knows you can tell you my issues with EE. The company is terrible and I've been with them for years but I hate it, hate it, hate it. My friend actually works for them but that doesn't even quell my anger and hate towards them, the only thing that keeps me with then is Mr Kevin Bacon. Yes, I'm such a fan of his that I stay with the company just because he endorses them, I never thought I'd be the type of fan to blindly follow everything that an actor is involved in (specifically endorsements) but in his case I do. When I compare myself to people by silly One Direction and Justin Bieber memorabilia, I realise that my slight obsession isn't wrong because the person I'm following like a drone is Kevin Bacon. He's Awesome!

Live Long and Blog! 

No comments:

Post a Comment