Labels

12/08/2013

Revisiting One Tree Hill

Seeing Bethany Joy Lenz on the new season of Dexter reminded me of when I was first introduced to her on One Tree Hill. The teen show that should've stayed a teen show and ended when the characters graduated, but The CW being what they are kept hold of it until it couldn't any longer. The show was good at the beginning from what I recall (it was ten years ago) but became completely unrecognisable in the later seasons, and ridiculously far fetched and cringeworthy. I mean seriously, the return of evil nanny Carrie and the Clay's wife's evil doppleganger? It was appalling, but I kept watching for some reason. I always do.




But watching the show wasn't a complete waste of time as music featured heavily in the series. I don't particularly go fan girl over music, but I know when I like something and I tend to listen to it over and over again. When One Tree Hill began I was at the age when I was fawning over Busted and McFly and the show introduced me to good music, music that made me think about feelings and matters of the heart. And even till the end, when my tastes had matured, it did that. One Tree Hill influenced the songs on my iPod, pretty much any artist that popped up on screen or on the soundtrack has made it in there. The storylines on One Tree Hill may have gotten close to terrible, but it didn't matter as I still got something out of it. I got company on my journeys to secondary school, college, university and work. The songs blaring into my ears made me feel less alone during my travels and made it fly by. The songs of Tree Hill were the soundtrack of my life. So usually I would say "thanks for wasting my time" about a TV show but One Tree Hill didn't. Thanks for not being a complete waste of time! And my parting gift to you is one of my favourite gifts from Tree Hill:


                     

Live Long and Blog Guys!

No comments:

Post a Comment