Labels

17/07/2013

Now You See Me, I Wish I Hadn't Seen You!

I remember the first time I watched the Now You See Me Trailer, it was during the previews of Fast & Furious 6. It completely blew me away, and I remember turning to my gaggle of friends and saying "we have to see this" and them nodding furiously in agreement. I can't remember the last time I was so excited about a movie that wasn't a reboot/prequel/sequel/adaptation (pretty much everything is these days), I was looking forward to watching what I felt was a highly original movie. This is why it upsets me so much to write this. *possible spoilers after the video*

 

When first watching this trailer I figured the film would be a heist film with the theives, the 'magicians', using the magic as a get out of jail free card. This is what captivated my interest, I had seen heist films but never anything like this so it seemed fresh and wholly original. The trailer even says it, "the more you think you see, the easier it will be to fool you". They are fooling the World into believing in their magic, which is pretty much impossible. I figured the only way I'd be disappointed is if they tried to tie in real magic in the film. *sigh*



Why, just why? Why ruin a perfectly good premise. The film was going so well, I loved the spectacles when they were performing 'magic', I thought the direction was fantastic and I think the fight scene between Mark Ruffalo was the best I'd seen all year. Why did the last 30-40 minutes have to ruin it? They had a good thing going, the magicians reasons were starting to become clear, we had the FBI not believing their tricks and figuring out how they did what they did which I always love, it was like breaking the magicians code on the big screen. This is what makes me ridiculously angry, I was engrossed in the film and if they had stayed on that path it would have been a solid movie.

The magic in the film wasn't even the worst part. I won't go into too much detail in case you still want to watch it, but this film has one of the most stupid endings that I have watched in a really long time. The magic made me angry, but this part had me fuming. I believed Morgan Freeman, how dare he lie! I can't believe that the film could annoy me so much, maybe I shouldn't have gotten so excited over it, but I just couldn't help myself. I mean you've seen the trailer, did you not find it intriguing? It was such a disappointment, I cannot remember the last time a film, A FILM, upset me so much that I lost sleep over it. I mean there was Twilight but you go into that film knowing you'll be disappointed. To be fair, if I watch those films I watch them knowing I'm going to come out of the other end with more Twilight jokes.

But we're going of topic, I once said that I don't review films and I wouldn't suggest whether you should watch it or not. However, I feel that it is my duty, as a human being with some level of compassion for others, to tell you that if you liked the trailer and wanted to watch the film because of it just don't. Hold onto the happiness and excitement you felt and don't let the actual film ruin it for you.

I would say Live Long and Blog but I'm just too upset to right now. Good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment