Labels

16/07/2013

Fox Finally Did Something Right


It's been three long years since 24 ended, and three long years of Fox, the cast and the crew teasing us about the spin off film. I know that it was never as good as the first season, it was damn near atrocious around season six and seven but I love season 8, and there wasn't a character like Jack Bauer on television, a character that we root for even though he lives by his own rules, whether its torture or murder. I didn't want it to end the way it did, it needed to finish somehow. Somewhere along the two year mark I had lost faith, news stopped popping up and Kiefer Sutherland had moved onto Touch (criminally under watched), I figured it was dead in the water. But finally, finally Fox pulled its finger out. Fox has never been one to make good decisions, I don't really need to say Firefly again do I? Fox gave 24 a final 12 episode order!



Sure I was looking forward to the film but that was because I wanted the franchise to keep going, I wanted it to have a proper ending, I was never really jazzed about fitting the 24 hours in a two hour movie because the shows USP is that every hour of the show represented an hour of real time which is what kept audiences coming back. I honestly don't think the film would be successful because it would lose what made it special. So thank you Fox, you're on the way to redeeming yourself. But please don't renew it if the ratings are good and then decide to cancel it again, I want it to finish properly. I don't want to say goodbye to the show like this again.


Live Long and Blog dudes!

No comments:

Post a Comment