Labels

24/09/2013

Molly Deserves Better Than Sherlock

I think I should probably start a Sherlock section seeing how much I write about it, and here comes another one! After joining the fandom i've started to browse the internet for news on it, and frequenting message boards one thing has popped up a few times. Sherlock and Molly shipping. Called Sherlolly. Seriously.


I'm not exactly the biggest fan of shipping, I'm also not into romances on shows unless they add to the show. A romance between Sherlock and Molly wouldn't add anything to the show at present, and I don't think it would be a good idea if Moffat and Gatiss to force a romance between them it. I think that happens wayyyy to often when people shipping shout loud enough and the writers listen and incorporate it into the show. I don't mind the Johnlock shipping because theres no way in hell that that will possibly happen so I let the shippers ship, it reminds me of the Wincest around Supernatural, that ones quite funny really.



One thing that really annoys me about this ship is that I think it's women that want it to happen. Now, we've all seen the way that Molly's been treated by Sherlock, do you really think he deserves her? She's there for him no matter what yet he pokes holes at her appearance and love life, I mean the christmas scene in 'A Scandal in Belgravia' was brutal and wasn't even discreet. He showed her up in front of everyone and I honestly just wanted to give him a smack. Molly actually calling him on it and getting an apology was amazing and I felt like applauding her, I mean she got Sherlock Holmes (lets face it, an arrogant sod) to give her a sincere apology! If him being, lets say uncaring towards her was an isolated incident I could probably let it go, but it's not. He's aware of her feelings for him and uses it to his advantage (as seen in 'The Blind Banker') without a thought of how she might feel so I honestly don't think HE deserves HER. As Lestrade said "Sherlocks a great man", just not a very good one and I think that Molly deserves both after everything she does for him.

I get the ship, I mean we have Molly's unrequited love for Sherlock and she is a loveable character so people want her to get what she wants, they want her to have a happy ending. At this point I don't think the happy ending could involve Sherlock. Sure, he tends to focus on her appearance and love life when speaking to her but I don't think that means that he deep down reciprocates her love, it just means he doesn't really know how to talk to women. To be fair Sherlock Holmes doesn't know how to talk to anyone. And Sherlolly fans will probably hold up the last interaction with them as proof that they belong together, when Sherlock tells Molly "You do count", and I get that, I had a flutter in my stomach too but I feel that that was because he's only just realised how much she's there for him and she is truly one of the people that he can trust. She's a friend. Nothing more.

Because theres a time lapse between season 2 and 3 I hope that Molly has moved on, and I don't object completely to the pairing it's just I wouldn't want it to happen with Sherlock the way he is. But then again he's the Sherlock we all know and love and I kind of don't want him to change. Oh, and Molly also deserves better than Moriarty. Just throwing that out there too.

Live Long and Blog!

Related Posts




No comments:

Post a Comment