Labels

02/09/2013

One To Watch: 12 Years A Slave

I know what you'll be thinking when you take a look at the trailer. Oscar bait. I mean it usually puts me off because it's so bloody distracting, the only thought that went through my mind when watching Flight was "oscar bait, oscar bait, oscar bait" and the film was good but I couldn't get into it. When reading the premise of 12 Years A Slave I figured I'd feel the same way. That was until I saw the cast list and watched the trailer.



Yes, it's still an oscar bait film. It's 'based on real events'. That means oscar bait or pitiful horror film, but this film seems different. I was engrossed in the trailer and eager to see more. And did you see the cast for the film? It's like an acting powerhouse! Chiwetel Ejiofor has never, I mean never, given a bad performance so that's enough to make anyone watch. I can already tell that his performance will bring me to tears. The supporting cast consists of Michael Fassbender, Paul Giamatti, Benedict Cumberbatch (you all know my thoughts on him) and Brad Pitt and a whole host of others so I don't think I, nor you, will be disappointed in the acting. It's also directed by Steven McQueen and that's nothing to turn your nose up at. I think they will truly sell the story and even though it's not usually the type of film that I care to watch, I genuinely I look forward to watching the film and will be dragging some friends along (hopefully some of them are smart enough to want to watch the film). I wish I was at TIFF so I could watch the film this month, but alas c'est impossible, so I'll eagerly be awaiting October!

Live Long and Blog!

Related Posts

One To Watch: Brooklyn Nine-Nine
One Not To Watch: Bad Teacher
Yes, You Really Really Should Watch It: Brooklyn Nine-Nine
One To Watch: Sleepy Hollow

No comments:

Post a Comment