Labels

25/09/2013

A Lady In Supernatural?

Supernatural is an amazing show, of course it's had dark times (lets call it the reign of Sera Gamble) but it's now back on form! One of the reasons Supernatural has become such an  un-axable force to be reckoned with is its fans, some of the most dedicated fans I've seen and have kept it alive for so long. They love the show, and the boys in it which is brilliant! Apart from it's not. You see the fans really love Sam and Dean Winchester and don't want anything to get in the way of their relationship which is fine unless the fans become vicious about it, examples of this are when ladies that may end up being love interests are introduced. Remember how Jo Harvelle was basically forced out of the show before she was even introduced by fans? I do, I liked her and thought she had potential and her popping up in season 5 showed that she did and I wish I could've seen her along the way. So yeah, wanting to protect the boys relationship is fine I just think you should give some characters a chance, you never know what they might bring to the show. Now, onto the reason I'm posting today. Castiel.

There will be spoilers ahead if you haven't caught the latest season yet.


The angel of the lord was introduced in season 4, and as time has wore on he has become more humanised and a fan favourite character, I tend to see him as a surrogate brother to the boys. Oh, lets not forget the celestial dry cleaning, it's fab. Well at the end of last season he became a full on human and my God will that be brilliant! I loved watching him grapple with his humanity for the past few seasons, trying to figure out where his loyalties lie and watching him attempt to embrace humanity was kind of hilarious, remember the brothel scene (granted that's Dean's form of humanity). It's always enjoyable to watch him understand humans, and I think it'll be amazing to embrace humanity in its entirety. That includes love and sex.



In comes Shannon Lucio, you may know her as the Nichol child that disappeared and was never mentioned again on The OC, who has been cast as Castiels new love interest. It was a shock at first, but frankly I'm intrigued and can't wait to see how Castiel deals with the situation. I'm certain I'll have a hell of a laugh and an "aww" by the end of the episode and honestly can't wait. I can't remember the last time I was excited about a love interest that will probably only be in the show for one episode. And I don't mean just Supernatural, I mean any show, seriously haven't been excited one bit. It's usually just annoyance on my part because I think the screen time for the actual plot will be diminished. However, in this case I feel that a love interest could really flesh out the human Castiel and I eagerly await watching that episode!

I see Castiel as a surrogate brother to the boys, so I figure some other fans out there might feel the same and I just want to say JUST LEAVE IT ALONE! I get it, the boys are precious to the fans but they can have other people in their lives! Especially Castiel, I think he reeeeaaaaaallllllyyyyy needs someone. And people are already placing bets about how long she'll last, I mean come on, do you want the outsiders to think we're a bunch of overzealous women who can't stand to see these fictional characters with other women? I know it's not the whole fandom that seem to be against the women in Supernatural, it's just the ones that shout the loudest. I'm here to ask you to chill and just let it play out.

Live Long (like Castiel apparently. Dude never dies) and Blog!

Related Posts

Supernatural Summoning A Spin-Off
Comic Con 2014: Supernatural
Supernatural Is Back On Top

No comments:

Post a Comment