Labels

23/09/2013

One To Watch: Sleepy Hollow

So, I ignored Sleepy Hollow because I didn't really think it would interest me. Boy do I regret that. I caught the first episode last night, and I can honestly say that I think I might be hooked.



I tend to think that modern day retelling of old storylines gets kind of old pretty quickly (take a look at Once Upon a Time, got too cheesy and predictable too quickly). I mean, I'm always comparing to what came before, and at times I can turn into a major purist and end up hating the product. Of course there are exceptions (I've gushed about Sherlock a few times) and I'm glad that theres another show to add to that list. I won't give you a run down of the episode because I don't want to spoil it too much for the people that got into it late like me, but I will say impending apocalypses (no matter how they occur) makes for brilliant television. This show has the mother of all apocalypses, one that is destined to happen and not a man made one like so many before it and they are the best kind. How do you stop something that is destined to happen? It's probably why I like Supernatural so much. Anyway, the major story arc is a massive draw for me and hopefully it will be for you too. Another great thing about the arc is that its not a secret, we can see a whole range of people involved in the action, and honestly I'm sick of people being ignorant on television shows and ignoring everything they see! Even if the answer is improbably, if all the evidence points towards it it's the only answer!


The actors are fairly likeable as of now so hopefully as time wears on the writers don't screw with them and make me want to throw my slipper at the television. I'm really excited to see Ichabod Crane (Tom Mison) and Abbie Mills' (Nicole Beharie) relationship unfold without the threat of them falling in love (I assume it won't happen with Cranes' wife still in the picture) and watch them gain a great friendship and alliance. From what I've seen the actors are doing a good job, I haven't really had much exposure to them, other than Tom Mison in Parades End, so I hope that they can handle whatever the writers throw at them. I do look forward to watching the show over the next year and I hope it can keep my (and your) interest!

Live Long and Blog!

Related Posts

One To Watch: Brooklyn Nine-Nine
One Not To Watch: Bad Teacher
One To Watch: 12 Years A Slave

Yes, You Really Really Should Watch It: Brooklyn Nine-Nine
The Headless Horseman Returns. Again

No comments:

Post a Comment