Labels

28/10/2014

Anyone Else Let Down By The BBC's Lifetime Of Original British Drama Ad?

I'm hardly ever excited enough for a show that I actually plan to sit down and actually watch it live but I was absolutely pumped when I saw the trailer for The Missing last week to that's exactly what a planned to do. If having The Missing on tonight wasn't good enough I spotted this tweet on my feed earlier today:
If you hadn't noticed I'm a B-Cumbz fan as well as a fan of the BBC drama so I was ecstatic when seeing that. Instead of one hour of enjoyment I get one hour and two minutes! Unfortunately for me seeing the trailer almost dulled the experience of watching The Missing. I guess my expectations were too high because I've always felt that the BBCs trailers were amazing. Just take a look at their trailer below.




When I first saw the tweet I was expecting some clips from returning shows or sneak peaks of new ones to get me excited about the Autumn season. Instead I got two minutes of the BBC rehashing shows that aired many years ago. I get that the BBC wanted to pat themselves on the back, but guess what? The lifetime isn't over yet! You could've given us some more of the new as well! We only caught glimpses for a split second, thats not enough! I don't need to see clips of shows that I've already watched, some of them I've watched multiple times because of how often the BBC re-airs everything. Also using B-Cumbz was fan baiting, just because he's in the trailer/short film/whatever doesn't mean fans are automatically going to like it. It needs to have a bloody point.

This trailer frustrated me so much it almost put me off The Missing. Almost. I still watched it. It's lucky that The Missing followed the ad because it made me forget about it for an hour. Now I'm back to being annoyed. Thank you BBC. To make up for it I'd like another trailer for The Fall. Pretty please.

Live Long and Blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment